Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Lois & Barry
By: Helen & Waverly
By: Mariette & Wayne Fleury
By: Jerry & Louise Gallagher
|Reginald & Dora Cahill
By: Cahill Family
|4th Sunday of Advent||Carmelita Doyle
By: Betty Morris
|Christmas Eve||Percy Gleason
By: Emile & Jean Lebel
Leo Downey & Deceased Parents & Family Members
By: Teresa Downey & Family
|4th Sunday of Advent||Loretta Reid
By: Jean Gallagher
|Christmas Eve||Deceased parents of Jimmy & Lois Tierney & Darrell England
By: Lois & Jimmy Tierney
|4th Sunday of Advent||Lois Conroy
By: Pauline Lepine & Family
|Christmas Eve||Deceased parents of Marilyn & Harold Morris
By: Marilyn & Harold Morris
By: Henry Demers & Family
|Christmas Day||Helen Fleming & Marion Fleury
By: The Group of 5
By: Nana & Papa
|Sheenboro||Sandra Brennan (Sat) Francis Downy (Christmas Eve)||Peter Gleason (Sat) Doris Ranger (Xmas Eve)|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan (Sun) Frank Trzebiatowski (Christmas Eve)||Paul Morris (Sun) Ron Price (Christmas Eve)|
|Chapeau||Peter Smith (Sun) Lise Mainville (Xmas Eve)||Mike, Peter, (Sun) Meril, Nicole,Andre (Eve)|
|Chapeau||Bernie Hendry (Christmas Day)||Nicole, Meril|
|Parish||Collection||Counter (9:00 a.m.)|
|Sheen||$1068.00||Laetitia Tardiff Peacock Monday, December 18th|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere,, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
CHURCH ENVELOPES FOR 2018: will be available in the churches this weekend. Thank you.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Thanks to all who attended and/or contributed to our Christmas Party and “Money Tree”. These donations will go to the Shawville Hospital’s Palliative Care this year.
Our card parties will finish December 18th. Thanks to all those who attended and all those who sent gifts for prizes. Christmas greetings to all.
CHAPEAU: New list for lectors and Eucharistic ministers are available in the sacristy.
SHEENBORO R.A: is again renting the ice in the Arena on Dec.26th; 11:00-12:00 will be skating and 12:00-1:00 will be pick- up hockey. Helmets are recommended
Knights of Columbus Council 1531 Membership Fees are due before December 31st. If you would like to pay your 2018 membership dues, please send a cheque payable to the “Knights of Columbus – 1531” to D.Reynolds 343 Broadview Drive, Pembroke, Ont K8A 2A6 or drop off at the Knights of Columbus hall at 170 Ellis Ave, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 2H9. If you have any questions, please contact Darrell at 613-732-8797.
NEW YEAR’S EVE BALL SPONSORED BY CHAPEAU R.A: Sunday December 31, 2017 at Harrington Community Centre from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. D.J. Tazman & Trimmer’s Poutine late lunch. Get your tickets before December 30th to be entered in the early bird draw alcohol & snack prize basket Donated by DC Store & Bar. Contact Karie Bissionette on Facebook or 613-401-1850 to be entered. Cost is $15 per person and tickets are available from members of the R.A., Conroy’s Grocery, Waltham Station and DC Store. The Chapeau RA thanks you for your support to improve recreational activities in the community. Future plans: Gazebo, trees and fence.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:
1) I stumbled across this short poem this week and thought it might be of comfort to those whose hearts are still broken with grief, especially as we approach the Christmas season as the loss of someone we love is felt all the more keenly at such festive times. It goes like this:
Peacefully sleeping, resting at last, the world’s weary troubles and trials are past.
In silence they suffered, in patience they bore, till God called them home to suffer no more.
They were sincere and true in heart and mind, and beautiful memories they left behind.
May God grant peace and comfort this season to those among us who are burdened with heavy hearts.
2) Confessions will be heard this Tuesday evening in Chapeau from 7-8 pm.
3) We’re going to show the 9th in the 10 part series ‘Catholicism’ following the Wednesday morning Mass in Chapeau. Each episode deals with one aspect of our faith so even these last two stand on their own and are well with viewing.
4) Our apologies to anyone who didn’t get a correct bulletin last weekend. We still have not figured out how Chapeau’s ended up being last year’s edition – but we’ll do our best to ensure that that mistake doesn’t happen again. Please remember that you can always find the most current version on our parish website at www.uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com.
5) Our sympathies go out to the family of Yvonne Chassie (nee Raymond) who died last Saturday. She was laid to rest beside her late husband Aurel on Wednesday. May God be merciful to her and to her family.
6) Anyone interested in studying the teachings of St. John Paul II, Pope Benedict’s series on Jesus, or the recent encyclicals of Pope Francis? I am willing to organize and lead a study group on any of these topics in the new year. Please just let me know if you have any interest in exploring the teachings of any of these Popes and if 2 or 3 people (or more!) would like to do so, I will schedule such a study group to begin in 2018.
7) Here again are the Christmas Mass times for this year:
December 24 5 pm: St. Joseph’s; 7 pm: Chapeau; 9 pm: Sheenboro
December 25 10:30 am: Chapeau
8) Thank you to all the Christmas Elves who delivered Christmas goodies to 44 shut-ins and seniors in Chapeau and Chichester. Your efforts were greatly appreciated.